Key Largo, Florida
Jun 27-30, Jul 11-14, Sep 12-15, Oct 10-13, Nov 7-10, Dec 5-8, 2013
Operator: Sea Dwellers Dive Shop
Air Temperature: 80-90F
Water Temperature: 84-86F
Enjoy the “Keys” lifestyle of relaxation and sunshine while diving the world famous reefs and amazing shipwrecks.
Key Largo is a short drive from Ft. Lauderdale or Miami and offers a little something for everyone.
Indulge in a variety of restaurants offering fresh seafood and local specialties.
This is a perfect underwater classroom for your continuing dive education. In these beautifully clear, warm waters we will explore the amazing reefs and prolific fish life in the protected Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary. It is common to see eagle rays, eels, turtles, amazing schools of fish, dolphins, barracuda, and the occasional shark. The Florida Keys are also the home of “Shipwreck Trail”. You can enjoy shipwrecks from the Spanish American War to the modern 510-foot Spiegel Grove, which was sunk in 2002. We will dive with Sea Dwellers, a PADI 5-star Gold Palm resort. All dives are conducted off Sea Dweller’s specialized dive boat with plenty of room for our group.
The Holiday Inn Key Largo Resort offers 2 pools, Tiki bar, jacuzzi, and 2 full service restaurants. The resort is centrally located on the Key Largo Harbor with easy access to John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park and the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary. There is a supermarket and several restaurants within walking distance.The rooms come standard with 2 double beds, high-speed, wireless Internet access, refrigerator, coffee maker, hair dryer, and cable TV.
Certifications offered for an additional cost:
- Open Water check out dives are now INCLUDED with the trip cost
Includes: OFD instructor for 4 open water dives to complete your certification
Click here for our class and pool options to complete before your trip.
$200 Advanced certification
Includes: Class and pool training at OFD , OFD instructor for 5 open water dives, and PIC card form
Not included: Required class materials or required dive equipment
- Other specialty certifications available upon request
- 3 night hotel stay at the Holiday Inn Key Largo, including taxes
- 8 tanks of boat diving with Sea Dwellers Dive Shop
- Round-trip airport transfers if you arrive when the escort arrives in Ft. Lauderdale or Miami
- Full buffet breakfast each day
- Lunch on Friday and Saturday
- Parking at the hotel
- Ocean First Divers Escort
- Round-trip airfare from Denver to Ft. Lauderdale or Miami (Contact us for flight details)
- Personal dive gear (Rental equipment available from Ocean First Divers)
- 3 dinners
- Airport transfers if you don’t arrive when the escort arrives in Ft. Lauderdale or Miami
- Optional Spiegel Grove medallion ($10)
- Additional taxes and/or surcharges imposed by the airlines or government
- Travel and dive insurance (Strongly recommended)
price and payment
June 27 - 30
$850 dbl occ.
Bruce Goodwin and
July 11 - 14
$850 dbl occ.
Amy Christopher & Mark Duvall
September 12 - 15
$850 dbl occ.
|October 10 - 13
|| $850 dbl occ.
Changes, cancellations, and refunds
A minimum of $100 per person will be charged for cancellation once deposit has been
If you make changes to the reservation it may result in additional fee. Cancellation
180 days or more prior to departure a refund will be given based on reselling your
space less any penalties by the vendors. Cancellation 179 days or less prior to
departure, the original deposit will be forfeited as well as any penalties from
the vendors. Cancellation 119 days or less prior to departure, or if you are a no-show,
no refunds will be given.
A passport is required for travel to destinations outside of the U.S.
**Dive sites may vary due to weather conditions and logistics.
*Prices are per person and subject to change due to any unforeseen cost at time
of booking or any additional taxes or surcharges imposed by the airlines, vendors,